A bumper is typically a very short video (10 secs or less) automatically inserted before any pre-roll ads and your content. A bumper is not used for monetization but instead relays information such as your company logo or branding.
Here is an example of a bumper video playing before the main content.
The following requirements are needed for this feature:
Brightcove SDK version
- Native SDK for Android (coming soon)
- Native SDK for iOS 6.11.0 and newer
Here are some details about Bumper videos:
- Bumpers are compatible with both Client-Side Advertising (CSAI) and Server-Side Advertising (SSAI)
- Bumpers play before any pre-roll ads and your content
- The player is configurable during bumper video playback:
- Show/hide the player controls
- Prevent seeking during playback
- Change the seekbar color to indicate a bumper
- Analytics data will be tracked the same as for any content video
A bumper video can be set for the player or for an individual video.
By default, bumper videos are a player-level feature. This means that all videos in a player will have the same bumper.
A bumper consists of a single Video Cloud video, referenced by either:
- Video ID
- Reference ID
To assign a bumper to a video, you can define a custom field in Video Cloud Studio. The custom field must have the following:
- Custom field name of
- Custom field value must be a valid video ID
The Native SDK for Android will support bumper videos in the near future.
The Native SDK for iOS/tvOS supports bumper video playback.
For details, see the following: